Today approximately every internet user is on twitter for social networking. In this post, we will put some charming twitter fact’s which being a twitter user you might not know. We are thankful to Wikipedia for as long as us with the details by which we have crafted this article for our readers.
Before we start with Twitter facts let’s go back to some basic introduction about Twitter.
Twitter is a most important social networking website which allows it’s user to create and send messages with a limit of 140 characters also known as a tweet. The user can create tweet via twitter website or via third party tool and can share with the other users. While tweeting user can use hashtags (#) to put the message in that exacting group? Further, they can also use @username to mention someone in their tweets or via replying.
1. Twitter was founded on 21st 2006 March and launched on 15th July 2006. Founder Jack
2. Dorsey is the man behind the Twitter establishment.
3. Initially the project was named as “twttr” inspired by the name Flickr but finally, the name twitter was established.
4. Twitter means “chirp from birds”
5. Twitter Inc. is based in San Francisco with their server and additional offices in New York, Boston & San Antonio
6. Twitter only allows 140 font for a single tweet although many argue for increasing the number of characters.
7. Twitter ranked as one of the 10 most visited websites worldwide by Alexa
8. 2006 – Twitter first prototype was used as Internal service for Odeo employees further the complete version was introduced to public in July
9. 2006. Twitter gained the popularity in the year
10. 2007 while during an event twitter usage was the increase from 20K tweets per day to 60K tweets.
11. 2007 – 400,000 tweets were posted and recorded per quarter.
12. 2008 – Twitter had only 3 million registered users
13. 2008 – The number of tweets in this year was only 1.25 million per day
14. 2008 – Only 8 employees till January
15. 2009 – Twitter gained 8 million registered users
16. 2010 – 22nd January the first unassisted off earth twitter message was posted from international space station by NASA astronaut T.J. Creamer
17. 2010 – 100 million new account were created on Twitter .
18. 2010 – 25 billion tweets sent on Twitter
19. 2011 – There were over 400 employees
20. 2011, March 12th – 572,000 new accounts were created on twitter. 225 million users were estimated in March 2011
21. 2011, June 25th – 456 tweets per second was recorded when Michael Jackson died – highest at that time.
22. More than 75% of twitter traffic comes from 3rd party applications.
23. Over 50% of tweets come from third-party applications
24. There are more than 100,000 twitter applications available.
25. More than 4000 tweets per second recorded from the beginning till end of US President Barrack Obama speech