PostedOn: 2016-09-23 11:41:56
The purpose of ERP software is to bring jointly your managerial processes and to become a single source of truth for your company data. Thus, it seems like second nature that ERP should also become a united force for your commerce and that is totally possible when you take advantage of an ERP social collaboration tool. It can be easy to ignore emails or to have important messages get lost during a busy week. Most of the time, workers will work back through their inbox and catch everything. However, when those missed emails are time-sensitive pertinent to an important client or a production issue on a certain line, the gaps can manifest into much larger company issues and lost customers.
A tool provides just the kind of ERP collaboration platform that businesses can leverage for quicker communication and thus more efficient processes. Using already commonly known social concepts like hashtags, sharing, mentions, and instant notifications, the ERP social collaboration tool can provide simple and already comprehensible ways for employees to interact with the software and each other. Here are just some of the ways ERP social collaboration can help your organization.
- Users can track a business object throughout its production lifestyle, notifying a production manager if perhaps a change needs to be made for a certain customer, or tag an order that needs to be expedited. If there are multiple front and back office employees involved in an order, the social tool will allow them to converse quickly and professionally without bugging other users not involved in that specific process.
- Workflows or transactions that are alike can be tagged together, and production managers responsible for an order or product can then easily access all necessary information and updates pertaining to that tag.
- Any updates or movement in the product lifecycle can then be shared amongst your team members, partners or even to clients awaiting orders. This can be a great way to keep clients involved in the progress of their order, notify them of the possible delay, or to acknowledge an employee’s unique charity to a customer’s satisfaction.
- With the help of cloud-based technology, this social interaction and collaboration can happen no matter where your employees are. Users can access the ERP platform on a tablet or their mobile device and share updates on an off-site client meeting. Because the social tools are embedded within the enterprise suite, they won’t have to use multiple apps just to get all of their work done, and converse progress on a workflow or send someone a crucial message.
- Logging all of your production processes will allow your business the tools it needs to implement lean manufacturing principles. You’ll be able to better understand and attack areas of excess waste especially if you encourage employees to contribute their ideas on possible areas for improvement. It can be hard to notice extravagant processes from a high-level. Allowing your employees to communicate their individual perspectives will give your business the ground-up approach to begin paring down waste on your manufacturing process.
By intertwining ERP with social collaboration tools, you can ensure that every employee inside your business is on top of what’s going on and how their individual work is contributing to your business’ end product. This strong collaboration also means that you’ll be better prepared to evolve to meet changing customer demands and requirements. Just as ERP is a powerful single source of truth for all of your company data, the software’s social collaboration tools can crowd-source the knowledge of your workers into an influential pool to solve problems and keep pushing your company forward.