PostedOn: 2016-11-22 14:13:04
The petite respond is "yes." The understanding answer is "this integration is your key to unleashing the future." Whether you're in a small to medium size business or a large corporation, the future belongs to those who can quickly meet changing customer potential and turn on a dime in an increasingly complex marketplace. CRM and ERP integration will help you get there.
Suppleness Is The Key To Prospect Achievement
In the business world, suppleness refers to the capability to quickly act in response to changes in customer expectations, the aggressive environment and the impact of new technology.
For example, a business manufacturing an elegant lock for the suburban market now needs to manufacture a smart lock that can be included in an overall smart home network. Customers expect that type of incorporation, the competition is building a variety of locks that integrate with central control systems, and the technology has highly developed to the point where a standalone smart lock for your front door is almost obsolete.
One of the biggest barriers to nimbleness is information. If your company treats CRM and ERP systems as dedicated information silos that only need to be accessed by a small subset of your employees, you're never going to achieve the type of quickness the future demands.
CRM and ERP Integration Makes Sense
Integrating your CRM and ERP systems will advantage your company in many ways. Here are just a few:
Your company will turn into more receptive and original
- When your sales force can with no trouble access production information, they can speedily respond if a large order is running late, and consult with production and the customer to avoid a problem.
- When your Customer Service staff can review a customer's order history, they can impress the customer by getting in touch about a reorder before the customer contacts them.
- If Sales spot a trend in product returns, they can inspect with customers and provide feedback on product design.
You'll increase accuracy and eliminate duplicate effort
- When one person enters customer contact and account in sequence to be used by all departments, you eliminate the opportunity of human error that could result in one customer showing two addresses, for example.
- Customer records are more likely to be correct, and time savings will result from the elimination of duplicate entries and updates.
You'll get better your forecasting
- When production has access to the quote system, they can do a better job of forecasting production requirements.
- When Sales has access to a quote system, they can work with the customer and Customer Service to go around the quote into an order.
You'll improve teamwork
- When all departments have the information they need, your company can work better as a team. For example, Production won't be blindsided by Sales about product issues, and Sales won't be blindsided by patrons because of a problem shipment (and take it out on Production).
You'll see sales and profitability rise
- All the individual benefits of integrating your CRM and ERP systems will lead to closing more sales and reducing overhead to improve profitability.
What's Your Next Step?
The technology is obtainable to integrate your CRM and ERP systems, though you'll have some tough choices to make:
- Should you keep your accessible systems and find a way to put together them?
- Should you start over with systems that are already integrated?
- Should you find the best CRM or ERP to meet your needs, then address the issue of incorporation, or go with systems that may require cooperation, but offer easier integration?
Consider your company's skill to support a custom combination and weigh the advantages of outsourcing or purchasing a solution that is already integrated.
The future belongs to companies who have mastered letting information flow freely and empowering employees to take advantage of it. CRM and ERP integration plans may be the most important ones you make in the near future.