PostedOn: 2017-09-12 12:33:42
Those using an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system know that it provides precious insights into business operations and helps control the processes that give a company its spirited edge. It's a fast-moving, ever-changing global business market out there, and your ERP system helps keep you in the game.
You may find your business lagging, however, if you're still working a desk-bound ERP. To keep up with your competitors, you'll need to stay responsive in today's hyper connected marketplace. That means your ERP needs to go mobile.
Take Your ERP with You
ERP has gone mobile. This means your workers have access to the data, functionality, and benefits of their desk-bound ERP application even when they aren't in the office. They can take their ERP with them on the road.
If your ERP system can't scale with your business while integrating the flexibility and capabilities of new technologies, perhaps it's time to consider a change in ERP. Common benefits to mobile ERP applications include:
- Greater productivity. Happy workers are more productive. With mobile ERP at their fingertips, they aren't wasting time sitting in taxis or waiting at airports. They can use their time more productively, which decreases stress and improves quality of work product. Everybody's happy.
- Quality of service improves. Mobile ERP gives your employees access to information at their fingertips, thus improving the quality of service offered to customers.
- Competitive edge. Your employees have a competitive edge when they can deliver real time information to customers, on-the-spot, in the field.
- Data capture. With a mobile ERP system, your workers can enter relevant data as they collect it in the field, accurately and timely. This means no late entries into the system and a decrease in the likelihood of errors.
Spend Money to Make Money
Bottom line: the business of business is making money, and the bottom line is the final decider in most cases. The facts are these: ERP isn't cheap, but the benefits it provides and the cost savings it produces more than make up for the initial cost of implementation and training.
A few of the perks you can expect with a great mobile ERP system:
- Data sharing. Sharing information between departments and across your mobile workforce enhances collaboration across your company. The intrinsic controls in an ERP system allow you to control who sees what information, which improves the security of your data.
- Reduce costs. A mobile ERP system can reduce your IT and training costs, as well as cut the time and effort of your workforce when carrying out their daily assignments. You can reduce or eliminate repetitive processes, freeing your workers to concentrate on revenue-producing activities.
- Regulatory compliance. In the ever-changing world of state and federal regulations, your mobile ERP can help keep everyone in compliance through the delivery of built-in reports and secure, validated data.
- Keep it simple. Your business can run more smoothly with a mobile ERP system in use. The unification and protection of your information, automation of process and reporting duties, and correlation of data for easy-to-see trends make a company wide ERP system a boon for your business and employees.
- Streamlined supply chain. A fully-implemented mobile ERP system can streamline your supply chain management, making for shortened lead times, improvement in on-time deliveries and a better, more responsive supply chain.
Business on the Go
Collaboration is the name of the game in business. All aspects of your business need to be able to communicate smoothly, efficiently and in real time. An ERP system with mobile capability simplifies the collaboration process by providing employees access to the data they need when they need it.
A mobile ERP application lets your employees have on-demand access to information across departments. With that, everyone can see the big picture and get on board. So, the solution is simple: go ERP mobile or go home.